Dr. Gabriela Castello-Kramer – Your Psychotherapist & Counselor in Berkeley, CA
I am a trained and certified Marriage and Family Therapist with more than 30 years of counseling experience working with individuals, couples, adolescents, and children (including preschool children).
My Experience includes:
- Cognitive Behavioral therapist in private practice for 30 years
- Professor of psychology in several Bay Area Schools
- Anger management counselor and workshop presenter
- Program Director and Coordinator for students with behavioral and learning challenges
- Founding Director and Clinical Director for a non-profit counseling center and training institute in Berkeley
- Teacher of parenting classes and couple’s communication classes
- Special Education teacher, specializing in ADD, ADHD and learning disorders
During our time together I will help you set goals and a treatment plan in regards to your issues. I will give you individualized strategies and tools to get you closer to being more productive and personally satisfied in your life. Together, we will develop tools to enable you to move to the highest possible level of functioning.
My therapy has helped those with trauma, anxiety, post traumatic disorders and phobias, sexual, physical and verbal abuse, and the traumatic effects of natural disasters.
My approach to therapy is restorative and deep. I have been trained in a wide variety of therapeutic techniques: hypnosis, cognitive-behavior therapy, EMDR, talk therapy, family dynamics therapy, child learning and behavior disorders.
My clients are motivated to change; they state they have made very good progress in working with me to actualize their goals.