It is hard to work through grief and loss when there are so many distractions and so many different kinds of denial at work in our culture.
Stages of mourning and grief include:
- Shock or disbelief;
- A necessary preoccupation with self and with precarious feelings;
- Sweet or sorrowful remembrances that absorb us;
- Feelings of regret, guilt or self blame;
- Physical symptoms such as anxiety, speechlessness, bodily aches and pains;
- Feelings of intense fear or anger;
- Social withdrawal;
- Lack of interest in life.
After we have mourned and protested the way things are, we come to terms with our changed circumstances. Things will never again be as they were and we set out to make the best of a very sad and tumultuous situation. Finding a safe and private space with a therapist can help you move through this difficult time, finding your way one day at a time. Grief is not a thing to be hurried.
Work through the stages of grief and loss with counseling and therapy sessions. Contact Dr. Gabriela Castello-Kramer and find joy again in life.