Verbal Abuse is insidious and can affect your self esteem and emotional safety.
Some of the signs of verbal abuse are your significant other is often:
- Angry and Intense
- Silent or Uncommunicative
- Jealous and Possessive
- Critical and put-down prone
Some of the effects of being in a verbally abusive relationship are:
- Walking on eggshells
- Loss of self-confidence and esteem
- Anxiety or Fear
- Physical symptoms of stress
- Feeling broken down
- Desire to escape but feeling there is no way out
As a therapist with 27 years of experience, I can help you break the devaluation cycle and the rut of powerlessness you are in. You can find your own voice and change the power dynamics in your situation with abuse counseling. Schedule a therapy session with Dr. Castello-Kramer by filling out my form or call 510.841.8242.